In The Part of Aatma-Nirbhar Bharat initiative our Hon’ble Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi virtually launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) on the 10th of September 2020. The objective is to improve the condition of the fisheries sector in India. In this article, we will share with you important specifications related to the project such as implementation method, an incentive available, and all other benefits that will be provided to the beneficiaries of the PM Matsya Sampada Yojana. We have provided all the information about the goals and objectives of the PMMSY. We will also talk about the eligibility criteria for applying for the scheme for all residences in India.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) Launched
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced a Rs 20,000 crore project. The PMMSY scheme is a flagship project aimed at improving the fisheries sector in India. The estimated cost of the project in all the States and Union Territories is 20050 crore during time from the time period of 2020-2025.
The project aims to promote sustainable development in the fisheries sector and fill important gaps in productivity, management, quality and technology. Out of which Rs.12340 crore is proposed for beneficiary-based activities in Marine, Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture and about Rs.7710 crore is proposed for fisheries infrastructure.
- The income of fishermen and fish is doubled.
- To increase fish production by an additional 7 million tons by 2024-25.
- To increase fish export income by Rs. 1,00,000 crore.
- Creating additional 55 lakh direct and indirect lucrative employment opportunities for farmers in the fisheries sector and related activities.
- Loss after harvest is reduced from 20-25% to about 10%.
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) All Information
|Name||PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)|
|Started by||Central Government|
|Benefits||Improving fish productivity, fish farming production and the condition of fishermen in the country.|
Purpose of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
PMMSY aims to strengthen the country’s fisheries sector. It wants to promote entrepreneurs in this sector. The scheme focuses on improving the quality and post-harvest management system. The objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Scheme are given below:
- Increase fisheries and skills through land and water development, elevation, widening and utilization.
- The scheme aims to accelerate the rate of fish production. It aims to achieve a productivity level of 22 million metric tons by 2024-25.
- The income of fishermen and fish is doubled.
- The project also aims to double export earnings from Rs 46,589 crore in 2018-19 to Rs 1 lakh crore by 2024-25.
- With the progress of the project, 55 lakh employment opportunities are likely to be created directly or indirectly.
- Increase the consumption of native fish to 12 kg per capita which is from the current average of 5 kg per capita.
- In 2018-19, the contribution of the Fisheries Department to the Gross Value Added Agriculture (GVA) was 7.28%. The project will increase this rate to about 9% by 2025.
Benefits Of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
The government has made it clear that the ‘blue revolution’ or ‘blue revolution’ could possibly be the primary cause of fish creation on the planet. The administration has proposed the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada (PMMSY) to create a strong fisheries board structure and test holes in the price chain. The plan aims to increase or enhance horticulture, modernize and control agricultural waste, and harness potential in fisheries.
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) Eligibility
PMMSY has been introduced for the convenience of fish farmers in the country. Therefore, all fishermen are eligible to apply, including the intended beneficiaries described in the article above. However, the beneficiaries must be over 18 years of age.
- Active Fisher,
- An active member of an active local fishing cooperative society or federation,
- Must Falls under the BPL (below poverty line) category,
- Age: Must be between 18 and 60 years old,
- Rs. 1500 / – should be deposited in the bank for a period of 9 months of fishing season
Application Procedure For PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
Now we will discuss the Application Procedure for PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). The step-by-step guidelines for applying for the great opportunity offered by the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying are given below:
- At First, you need to visit to the official website of NFDB.
- See the Quick Links section at the bottom of the page. Next, select the Template option.
- Then you have to select “Template for Preparation of DPR for Fisheries Projects” option available on the left side of the page.
- Applicants must prepare a detailed report of their projects in the format provided and only provide accurate information.
- Applicants must submit their DPR along with supporting documents to NFDB and Fisheries Department.
- It should be noted that two copies of DPR must be sent to NFDB and one copy must be sent to DoF.
Through this article we have provided you all the important information related to the PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) Scheme. If you are still experiencing any type of problem, you can contact the helpline number or write an email to resolve your problem. The helpline number and email id are as follows: